There can only be just one original recipe, but people tend to have their own twist, preferable ingredients and method of preparation that separates one’s idea from the other. That’s how we determine whose dish is better that the other. I sure have my way of preparing this tasty Filipino dessert, as has Cathy, Janis or Millie. Creamy, sweet and tasty – it’s all I can describe of Janis’s Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe. It’s normal for an avid cook to create a recipe that’s unique to her, and that’s how she created her own sweet & creamy Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe.
Ingredients: 3-4 servings
1 cup elbow macaroni
2 pieces boiled, shredded chicken tenders
1/2 cup slightly boiled, diced carrots
1 can(16 oz.) pineapple chunks
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded cheese(Eden brand)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small can(6 oz.) condensed milk
2 tsp white sugar
- Adding a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of butter on a large amount of water in a pot, let it boil and apply 1/2 cup of elbow macaroni. Cool it off and set aside when done.
- Boil 2 pieces of chicken tender. Shred them to thin sliced after it’s cooled off and place it on a large, deep bowl.
- Using the same pot boil carrots for 2-3 minutes. Strain excess water when done. Rinse raisins in warm water and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients with the shredded chicken. Gently mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined(elbow macaroni, shredded cheese, carrots, raisins, pineapple chunks, mayonnaise, condensed milk and sugar).
- Leave sweet and creamy, Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad in the fridge for at least an hour prior to serving.
Tip: Add finely chopped green bell pepper or celery as an option.