A Belgian-inspired dish, Mel’s Seafood Cocosmilk Papillote is simple to make. This delicious, season baked, seafood dish is a delightful combination of selected seafood items such as, fresh salmon, mussels, clams, shrimps and tuna, garnished with fresh herbs and spices, then topped with sliced lemons and coconut cream, prior to baking.
“Papillote” is a Dutch term which pertains to a method of cooking, in which the food is kept in a pouch and baked. Mel’s Seafood Cocosmilk Papillote sounds delicious to me. Indulge yourself!
Ingredients: 4-5 servings
1 medium size salmon filet cut in 4-5 medium size cubes
1 medium size tuna filet cut in 4-5 medium size cubes
12-15 medium fresh mussels
12-15 medium fresh shrimps
12-15 medium fresh clams
10 sticks fresh fennel leaves
10 sticks rosemary leaves
10 sticks fresh dill leaves
10 sticks scallion(spring onions)
1 small size ginger
1 large lemon(citroen) sliced in thin sizes
1-2 tbsp. coconut cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Rinse filleted tuna, salmon, shrimps and mussels to clean. Cut lemon in thin slices, clean and finely slice fennel, scallions, dill, rosemary leaves and ginger.
- Cover a large the baking sheet with a tin foil, cut another piece of foil to cover the ingredients during the baking process.
- Organize the seafoods on the baking sheet starting with salmon and tuna, followed by the mussels, clams and shrimps. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the spices on top of the seafoods(fennel, dill, rosemary, scallions)
- Spread the lemon slices on top of each seafood, then apply coconut cream on top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake it for 15-20 minutes, ensuring all the seafood items are fully cooked.
- Cool Seafood Cocosmilk Papillote off for a few minutes and serve in portions to enjoy!
Tip: Mussels are fully cooked when their shells open up and its meat appear orangey-pink in color. Seafood Cocosmilk Papillote sounds like as a great, season baked seafood dish to serve for parties and family gatherings.